2012 NHL Entry Draft Seventh Round Traded Picks
The 2012 NHL Entry Draft will be held on June 22–23, 2012 and the first round order has yet to be determined but some teams have already exchanged picks for this draft viatrade. The seventh round traded picks are below:
- The Edmonton Oilersseventh-round pick will go to the Los Angeles Kings as the result of a trade on June 26, 2011 that sent Ryan Smyth to Edmonton in exchange for Colin Fraser and this pick.
- The Montreal Canadiens seventh-round pick will go to the Phoenix Coyotes as a result of a trade on October 23, 2011 that sent Petteri Nokelainen and Garrett Stafford to Montreal in exchange for Brock Trotter and this pick.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs seventh-round pick will go to the Calgary Flames as the result of a trade on July 27, 2009 that sent Wayne Primeau and a second-round draft pick in 2011 to Toronto in exchange for Anton Stralman, Colin Stuart and this pick.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning’s seventh-round pick will go to the San Jose Sharks as the result of a trade on February 16, 2012 that sent a second-round pick in 2012 to Tampa Bay in exchange for Dominic Moore and this pick.
- The New Jersey Devilsseventh-round pick will go to the Anaheim Ducks as the result of a trade on December 12, 2011 that sent Kurtis Foster and Timo Pielmeier to New Jersey in exchange for this Rod Pelley, Mark Fraser and this pick.
- The Florida Panthers seventh-round pick will go to the Buffalo Sabres as the result of a trade on June 29, 2011 that sent Steve Montador to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).The condition, which was carried over from an earlier trade between Chicago and Florida – Florida’s seventh-round pick in 2012 would be available was converted on July 7, 2011 when Alexander Sulzer was signed by the Vancouver Canucks, meaning that a condition of a trade between Florida and the Nashville Predators involving Sulzer and this pick did not come into effect. Chicago previously acquired the pick as the result of a trade on June 26, 2011 that sent Tomas Kopecky to Florida in exchange for this pick.
- The New York Rangers seventh-round pick will go to the Toronto Maple Leafs as the result of a trade on February 28, 2011 that sent John Mitchell to New York in exchange for this pick.
Information from wikipedia
Subscribe to NHL Trade Report updates on Facebook, on Twitter, by Email, or RSS.