Published: Tue, April 17, 2018
Economy | By

Netflix Hits 125 Million Subscribers as Q1 Revenue Surges 43% YoY

Netflix Hits 125 Million Subscribers as Q1 Revenue Surges 43% YoY

Hastings hasn't forgotten when a price increase nearly took down the company. Netflix added 1.96 million new members in the United States, after forecasting a gain of 1.45 million, and another 5.46 million in other countries, after forecasting 4.9 million. We expect Netflix to report results above our estimates but guide conservatively, or cautiously, for 2Q.

One of the big questions Netflix still has right now is what kind of price tag it will carry as a tack-on to a Comcast subscription. It sees revenue rising 40% to $3.686 billion.

In the transaction dated March 09, 2018, the great number of shares disposed came courtesy the Director; Barton Richard N disposed a total of 700 shares at an average price of $321.85, amounting to approximately $225,295.

The subscriber growth was also ahead of Wall Street consensus, which had Netflix only slightly beating its own forecast.

Deutsche Bank analyst Bryan Kraft upgraded Netflix to buy from hold on Friday and set a 12-month price target of 350. Currently, the stock has a 1 Year Price Target of $286.62. It now has 125 million members worldwide. Aegis reissued a "hold" rating and issued a $230.00 target price on shares of Netflix in a report on Monday. The consensus rating is 1.7, indicating analysts in general look favorably on the company's future prospects. The company now has an average rating of "Buy" and a consensus target price of $269.18. Moving to a broader perspective, this stock has recently been trading -7.40% away from its 52-week high and +123.03% away from its 52-week low price. The company had revenue of $3.70 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.69 billion. ROI is expressed as a percentage and is typically used for personal financial commitment, to compare a company's profitability or to compare the efficiency of different investments.

A new study from video analytics company 7Park Data, which analyzed viewing habits over a yearlong period ending last September, found that 80% of Netflix viewership in the US was attributed to licensed shows - including network television reruns - with the remaining 20% attributed to originals.


In related news, CEO Reed Hastings sold 87,297 shares of Netflix stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, December 21st. The stock was sold at an average price of $262.91, for a total transaction of $43,050,723.77. The Motley Fool owns shares of and recommends Netflix. A lower P/B ratio could mean that the stock is undervalued. For the month, Netflix, Inc. has posted a performance of -2.10%. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Market capitalization is just a fancy declare for a comprehensible concept: it is the market value of a company's outstanding shares. Insiders own 1.81% of Netflix, Inc. Steward Partners Investment Advisory LLC bought a new position in shares of Netflix during the third quarter valued at $171,000.

At the end of 12/31/2017 reporting period, 561 institutional holders increased their position in Netflix, Inc.

Many analysts have provided their estimated foresights on Netflix, Inc. The number of shares now owned by investors are 441.64 mln. Baillie Gifford & Co. boosted its position in shares of Netflix by 2.0% in the fourth quarter.

COPYRIGHT VIOLATION NOTICE: This piece was originally reported by registrarjournal.com and is the property of of registrarjournal.com. Investors were watching for developments in the U.S.

Netflix claims it will invest up on TV shows and movies from 2018. Netflix also adds that the Spanish-language thriller Money Hesist "became the most watched non-English series on Netflix ever".

Like this: