Published: Thu, July 12, 2018

Third Thailand cave rescue mission under way

Third Thailand cave rescue mission under way

It's been more than two weeks since the 12 boys and their soccer coach became trapped in the flooded Tham Luang cave at the Khun Nam Nang Non Forest Park in Chiang Rai.

Last week, Musk tweeted that he was sending a team of SpaceX and Boring Company engineers to Chiang Rai in northern Thailand on Saturday to help rescue efforts, supplying technology such as Tesla Powerwall batteries and pumps for removing water. We've started giving them "medical food" this morning.

When asked about his first reaction as he saw the first set of boys who were rescued he admitted that he was "very scared".

More rain is in the forecast: "Additional showers and thunderstorms are expected to be around the area into the middle of the week", AccuWeather meteorologist Adam Douty said.

Local governor Narongsak Osatanakorn said Tuesday's rescue operation began just after 10am local time and involves 19 divers. "And it is up to the environment. But if the rain god doesn't help, then it could be challenging". "We should learn from this experience to prevent it from happening again".

"They wrote: "[Manchester United] is relieved to learn that the 12 footballers and their coach trapped in a cave in Thailand are now safe.

British divers found the 13 a week ago.

But the efforts to rescue the boys - aged between 11 and 16 - have proved a monumental challenge.

Highlighting the dangers, a former Thai Navy SEAL died Friday while replenishing the canisters.

"Everyone is in a good mental state", Jesada Chokedamrongsuk, permanent secretary of the public health ministry, told reporters at Chiang Rai hospital.

Officials scotched any chance of using tech billionaire Elon Musk's mini sub made of rocket parts to rescue the remaining boys.

"The rescue has been enormous", said volunteer helper Somjit Saenset, 56.

"I am not sure about children and how they will react". "I want to send my moral support for all involved" in the rest of the mission. But officials waited several hours before confirming their rescue.

Some family members have been allowed to visit the boys in hospital, but are only allowed to observe them from behind a glass window.

But the boys have had experts on hand to navigate the tight passageways filled with muddy water and strong currents, with no light to guide the way.

It ended with their fighting cheer, adopted from the US Navy: "Hooyah!"But bringing out the remaining four boys and their coach could take more than one operation, Narongsak warned".

Doctors expect them to remain in the hospital for at least a week.

"I beg Phra Pirun because the Meteorological Department said that from Monday on there will be continuous rain", Bancha said.

Like this: