Published: Wed, September 19, 2018

Man Arrested For Threatening To Shoot 11-Year-Old After Fortnite Loss

Man Arrested For Threatening To Shoot 11-Year-Old After Fortnite Loss

A Huntington man was arrested Tuesday after he threatened to shoot an 11-year-old boy after losing to him in the video game Fortnite, police said.

After being eliminated by the 11-year-old, Michael Aliperti, 45, allegedly threatened the boy verbally through the XBox system, through the system's messaging service and via text.

The child's family reported the incident to police, who increased their presence at the child's school, according to reports.

Police say that Michael Aliperti of Huntington, knew the 11-year-old through mutual acquaintances and had been playing the game online together for several months.

Charges also include "acting in a manner to injure a child" after Aliperti reportedly sent threatening messages through Xbox following a loss in Fortnite: Battle Royale, police claim. Police Chief of Department Stuart Cameron said authorities found a plastic pellet gun in the home.

X game console sits on display during the Microsoft Corp. global launch event in New York Nov. 6 2017
Mark Kauzlarich Bloomberg via Getty Images FILE

"We took this as a school threat", Cameron said. 'That was done out of an abundance of caution'.

Aliperti was scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.

Aliperti is now being held on $2,500 bond and faces fines for both charges, which are misdemeanors, with the potential to spend time in a county jail.

Aliperti's attorney, Andrew Karpf, said his client is getting divorced and is struggling with stress.


Like this: