Published: Wed, November 14, 2018

The Bachelor's Chris Soules Pleads Guilty in Car Crash Case

The Bachelor's Chris Soules Pleads Guilty in Car Crash Case

"Bachelor" alum Chris Soules has reached a plea agreement in the case against him involving a fatal auto crash, a representative of the Buchanan County Attorney's office in Iowa told TheWrap on Tuesday.

The 36-year-old former reality star, who appeared on the ABC dating series in 2015, made an agreement with prosecutors and pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of leaving the scene of a serious injury accident. Sentencing is now scheduled for January 8, 2019. In June, it was determined by police that Soules did not have any drugs or alcohol in his system at the time of his arrest.

It was in April 2017 when Soules was arrested following an incident where he authorities said he rear-ended a tractor while driving his truck, and then left the scene.

His rep released a statement to ET following his release from jail, noting that the reality star was "devastated" following the fatal crash. "Nor did the charging officer mention that Mr. Soules had rendered emergency aid to Mr. Mosher".


He had initially pled not guilty to a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death, and unsuccessfully tried to get the charge dismissed.

Soules had also previously filed a motion to dismiss the case, contending that he satisfied the Iowa code governing conduct in such instances. Soules' defense had claimed that he did not bolt right away, and that he performed CPR, called 911, and did not leave until after paramedics arrived at the scene.

"Mr. Soules described the location of the accident and communicated with dispatch for approximately 5 minutes and 45 seconds while help was en route", the court papers read.

Like this: