Published: Sun, March 17, 2019

Neil deGrasse Tyson's Shows Restored Following Sexual Assault Scandal

Neil deGrasse Tyson's Shows Restored Following Sexual Assault Scandal

DeGrasse Tyson said he remembered the two newly disclosed incidents differently, but acknowledged that he might have made the women uncomfortable.

Neil deGrasse Tyson will be back on the National Geographic Channel now that the network has completed an investigation into accusations that the celebrity astrophysicist engaged in sexual misconduct.

While the channel did not elaborate on its findings, it did announce that Tyson will be returning to host the remaining 13 episodes of StarTalk in April. Deadline reports Cosmos and StarTalk are returning to National Geographic following allegations of sexual misconduct against the astrophysicist.


The investigation is complete, and we are moving forward with both StarTalk and Cosmos. While it was ongoing, Fox and Nat Geo last month put on hold the Season 2 premiere of science docuseries Cosmos, originally slated for March 3. Tyson fired back with a lengthy Facebook post, where he welcomed an official investigation into the allegations. Katelyn N. Allers claimed Tyson groped her at an event in 2009, while a former assistant, Ashley Watson, said Tyson made inappropriate sexual advances toward her on more than one occasion.

Late previous year, both the Fox network and National Geographic released a joint statement: "We have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson".

Like this: