Published: Fri, June 14, 2019

Police drop case that triggered India's #Metoo movement

Police drop case that triggered India's #Metoo movement

Tanushree in her allegations had accused Nana Patekar of sexually harassing her during the filming of Horn Ok Pleassss in 2008.

Actress Tanushree Dutta is "neither shocked nor surprised" that Mumbai Police have closed the case of sexual harassment she filed against Nana Patekar citing lack of evidence; a "corrupt police force" has given 'a clean chit to an even more corrupt person, ' Ms Dutta said in a lengthy statement released on Thursday. She said, "What was the rush to file a B summary report when all of my witnesses have not even recorded their statements yet??"

Tanushree's lawyer, Nitin Satpute said in a statement that he has "not received any official information from Oshiwara police station about classification of offence (Summary Report) from police on behalf of Tanushree Dutta".

News agency ANI reported that the Mumbai police had filed a "B Summary" report in the case, which is usually done when the investigation can not be continued due to lack of evidence supporting the complaint. I have also mentioned this earlier in an interview that our witnesses have been getting threat calls, and they are being intimidated and pressured in every way so that they do not record their statements with the police. "We can oppose it in court, and after hearing, if the court is satisfied then again it can again direct police to reinvestigate or investigate further".


He also alleged that the police acted "negligently" to protect Patekar. However, Tanushree had claimed back then that the reports were false.

The "B Summary" report will absolve them (Acharya, Siddiqui and Sarang) too from the case.

The police report added Tanushree had filed the case "because of a misunderstanding and without malicious intent". I complained to director and producer that I was facing a lot of problems because of him and they should tell him to stay away from me. She also alleged that upon Patekar's request, men backed by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena had attacked her auto while she and her father were inside it.

Asked why she had been quiet for 10 years, the actress, who has been living in the United States for the past two years, had said: "From the moment I landed in India, I fielded speculations about why I was away from the industry and whether I was kicked out for my unprofessional behaviour 10 years ago. You are corrupt people with no justice but God's justice will rain on you someday hopefully and will avenge for all the humiliation, insult, harassment, judgement and trauma I have had to endure in the last 10+ years because of this attitude".

Like this: