Published: Thu, July 11, 2019
Sport | By

Koscielny refuses to go on Arsenal’s U.S. tour

Koscielny refuses to go on Arsenal’s U.S. tour

Arsenal have confirmed Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel for the United States for the club's pre-season tour.

Arsenal have been linked with several defenders to help them sure things up at the back, and with this gesture from Koscielny, it is possible that he could be on his way out.

Bordeaux have reportedly offered Koscielny a three-year deal.

"We are very disappointed by Laurent's actions, which are against our clear instructions", a statement on the club's official statement read.

It is believed Koscielny asked to be released from his contract a year early to head back to France, but that request was turned down and Arsenal's captain has now chose to take this drastic step.

Arsenal says it was working to resolve the matter.

Bordeaux's Ligue 1 rivals Rennes are also said to hold an interest in signing the 33-year-old, who has been plagued by injuries for the last two years.


This stance has clearly angered Koscielny, who believes after nine years of service he deserves to leave on his terms.

It begins with a game against Colorado Rapids.

The astonishing bust-up has come at the worst possible time for the Gunners ahead of their 14-day tour of the U.S. - taking in games against Colorado Rapids, Bayern Munich, Fiorentina and Real Madrid.

How do you think Koscielny should be punished by Arsenal?

Brazilian teenager Gabriel Martinelli has been the only new arrival so far.

His compatriot, teenage centre-back William Saliba, is on the cusp of completing a transfer to Emirates Stadium, but is expected to then return to Saint-Etienne on loan.

Like this: