Published: Fri, August 16, 2019

Reward not paid out after discovery of Nora Quoirin's body, charity confirms

Reward not paid out after discovery of Nora Quoirin's body, charity confirms

The family of a teenager who died in Malaysia after disappearing on a family holiday said they hope to have "more answers to our many questions".

Negeri Sembilan police chief Mohamad Mat Yusop said the case has been referred to Bukit Aman.

Her family's lawyer earlier said they hoped police would investigate possible foul play.

Malaysian police say a 15-year-old London teenager who mysteriously disappeared from a nature resort died from intestinal bleeding due to starvation and stress.

A statement issued on behalf of the Quoirin family said: "We had the opportunity to thank them for everything that the Malaysian government, police, search and rescue teams, local people and volunteers have done to help us".

A charity assisting the family of Nora Quoirin have confirmed a reward was not paid out in connection with the discovery of the 15-year-old's body.

Nora's family arrived August 3 for a two-week stay at the Dusun, a small resort located in a durian orchard next to a forest reserve 63 kilometers south of Kuala Lumpur.

"The cause of death was upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to duodenal ulcer, complicated with could be due to a lack of food for a long period of time and due to prolonged stress", he said. She is the truest, most precious girl and we love her infinitely.

'We will be bringing Nora home where she will finally be laid to rest, close to her loving families in France and Ireland'. "We will always love our Nora".

Mr Morel said the family was also keen to obtain toxicology results that may shed some more light on Nora's disappearance.

While police believed the girl climbed out of the window herself, her family strongly refuted such claims, saying she wasn't independent and wouldn't wander off alone.

Samples taken from her body will be sent to a chemistry department for further analysis, he said.

Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah and Raja Permaisuri Agong, Tunku Hajah Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah, say they are deeply saddened to hear of her passing.

The schoolgirl is believed to have died two to three days before her body was found.

A wide-scale search ensued in the following days, with local authorities and search teams scouring the dense jungle surrounding the resort.

Like this: